Everyone knows that no great picnic is complete without a sandwich. They're wholesome, filling, feel-good and the perfect accompaniment to your summer-cocktail-of-choice. We turned to our friend - chef Anna Barnett, for her take on what constitutes the ultimate summer sandwich. Tried and tested recipe below!
HOMEMADE ROSEMARY AND OLIVE FOCACCIA WITH NEW POTATOES, MELTED RACLETTE, SLAW, CHARRED HISPI AND WILD GARLIC BUTTER
1 generous hunk of fresh focaccia, halved – (if I’m not making my own then St John focaccia is a must)
Wild garlic butter – muddle wild garlic with butter and salt or brush bread with a freshly cut clove of garlic
3 cooked new potatoes – finely sliced
30-40g raclette cheese – finely sliced
¼ hispi cabbage – charred
30g red cabbage- finely sliced
1 carrot – grated
1 heaped tbsp of mayonnaise
Zest of ¼ lemon
Salt + pepper
- Generously coat one side of your bread with wild garlic butter, next layer up the cooked sliced new potatoes and place the sliced raclette over the top of the potatoes
- Place under the grill and heat until melted.
- Heat your griddle pan until smoking hot then add a little oil and seasoning to your hispi cabbage and place on your griddle.
- Cook until charred, 1-2 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Make up your slaw by combining, shredded cabbage, carrot, mayonnaise, lemon zest and seasoning.
- Once your cheese has melted over your potatoes, add your charred hispi, followed by your slaw and place the other half of your bread on top to make up your sandwich.
From bags to treasure forever to our playful trainers and accessories, there's always a new piece of Lulu to love.